That said, after painting our bedroom the week prior (more details on that soon) I knew we needed help to get the guest room and upstairs living room painted. With the growing list of projects and a completed kitchen still not even a sparkle on the horizon I sent out a mayday and a few brave souls answered the call.
Let's start with the upstairs guest room. Here's the realtor image:
+ replaced bedroom door (because it was likely kicked in like every other door in the house)
+ shiny gold switch places
+ shiny gold fan (with the smallest paddles ever)
+ shiny gold doorknobs
+ horrible recessed lighting
+ ceiling marred by water spots and peeling drywall tape
+ odd closet that was made into an open nook, but then halved (with kick holes -- or rat holes -- around the baseboard)
+ unfinished molding
+ radiator pipes painted silver with multiple paint splatters
All in all, though, most of these problems were only skin deep. So before our wonderful friends arrived I tackled a minor renovation that still bordered more on the side of cosmetic than necessary.
In the above image to the left of the bed there's a protrusion in the wall. Pete and I followed the line of the chimneys and we were pretty sure this would be brick and not -- oh, I don't know -- a major pipe or something you wouldn't want to start hacking at with a demo hammer.
So with a demo hammer and a crowbar in hand that's exactly what I started doing.
ANYWAY, back to painting. (See, I can't even stay focused writing a blog about painting.) Once I made a huge mess ripping apart the column to expose the brick then we brought in the experts. I picked Porpoise by Behr from Home Depot for this room.
Anyway, you'll also notice how nicely that new grey is covering up the teal wall color that was in the room previously. Natalie, one of our expert painters, kindly called this room a 90's vomit explosion. Or something along those lines.